Friday, September 30, 2016

Timberwolves coverage

I would like to talk about the media coverage of the Timberwolves. The different media coverage has been lacking over the years as performance of the team hovered in the dregs of the league. I do like Jim Peterson and his in depth basketball knowledge as a coach and former player. I think he lacks Alan Horton's (The WCCO radio announcer) pizzazz  and isn't nearly as entertaining at the leagues most colorful announcer Walt (Clyde) Frazier . Bus he does excel at explaining the intricacies of pick and roll defenses, talking about spacing, weak side help, and lots of other things that make basketball my favorite sport.

Alan Horton has a podcast and this week he talked about team rankings of returning minutes within the roster. Now the Timberwolves haven't been the bastion of continuity that you see in perennial franchises like the San Antonio Spurs, but this year they rank 4th in minutes played returned. Players they don't have from last year Tayshaun Prince , Kevin Garnett, Andre Miller, and Damjan Rudež
I would imagine that Pekovic was ncluded in returning minutes since he is still on the team getting paid. 

I have decided my goal might be to find out when Zach Lowe is in town to cover the team, and seek out his autograph. He is by far my favorite writer and was declared the best sports writer today by some guy from Slate. I listen to his podcast with fervor, I laugh at his dorkiness, his enthusiasm is the intelligent kind. He avoids the rah rah macho BS that you can find often in sports. His background of an actual journalist, covering the beat of local crime in the Northeast makes it seem like he has mastered his trade by covering his passion. 

Thats all for now. No movement on the ticket front...

No comments:

Post a Comment